Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out it out, the Zebra 446 got a new pair of shoes. I have an extra set of wheels that are Power White that have turf tires mounted on them, I didn't like the fact they didn't match real white of the zebra so I took the pair of rims that I have been saving for the R1's and painted them before I had the new tires put on.

I figured that since the true color scheme was off anyhow, I might as well go with the regular gloss white on the rims. Next step is to put the black plastic wheel weights on which would be a good contrast. Next to figure out what type of tires for the front, I'm leaning to-wards tri-ribs but may end up for the summer with a cheapo turf tires since the Mrs. wasn't as pleased as I was with the new rear tires.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
f350ctd said:
Do you have 8" rims? If so then I have nothing to worry about - they look fine.

f350ctd
I guess so? The rims had standard Goodyear 8-16 turf tires on prior, I never measured anything just told the shop that needed 8-16 tires.

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
Rockdog said:
Pretty awesome! I also love your front weights - great idea.

And the more I think about it I wonder if quarters (25# olympic plates) could be drilled and used as wheel weights. Hmmm.
Why drill them? Do you see the 4 square holes in the rear rim? Cut four lengths of 2 1/2" x 3/8" flat bar that will allow them to be bolted onto those four holes in a + pattern. Drill a hole in the center of the flat bar large enough to allow a piece of heavy wall pipe or solid bar that works with the hole in the Quarters. Figure out how many Quarters you want to slide onto that mount and cut the pipe/bar to length while allowing a bit extra for whatever you want to use to retain the Quarters. That makes it easy to add/subtract the weights.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
InTroubleAlltheTime said:
EBoyDog: They look nice! :usa: :usa: :usa:
8 x 16s? And what brand are they if you don't mind me askin'?
:222: :446:
Best Regards, Rich
Same as f350ctd got, SuperStrong 6 ply and they are 8x16's. The picture from the back make them appear wide.

They are a China import, price was unbeatable as I paid $295 total which included mounting & taxes. I was asked if these were for agriculture/farm use which would have saved on sales tax a little but I said no. I doubt that they will last as long as the orginal tires but even if I get 10 years out of them I will be pleased.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well heck yeah Tom - thats a perfectly simply way to do it. I havent bought any lifting iron in a long long time but the last time I checked it was only like 33 cents a pound. Usually pretty cheap when you buy through a gym (a REAL gym not a glamour gym or at the mall). I recall they made 50 lb plates which were the same diameter as the quarters so that would be pretty sweet as well. I'm going to do this.

Plus, the weights will be free to rotate so wont be quite as hard on the diff bolts!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rockdog said:
Pretty awesome! I also love your front weights - great idea.

And the more I think about it I wonder if quarters (25# olympic plates) could be drilled and used as wheel weights. Hmmm.
I have more work to do on the bracket as I have a 2' section of railroad track that adds over 80 lbs which I don't want to modify it so I'm going to make a bracket on the bracket that will allow me to bolt it on when I need more weight. That's why the current weight sit lower on the bracket.

I have black plastic Case rear wheel weights, I was wanting the cast iron weights that CP7 have (had?) however I like the appearance of the plastic one's better esp for the color contrast against the white wheels, updated pics are coming when I get them on tonight or this weekend but Mothers day may put Case tractor work on hold this weekend.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well I got my Superstrong tires mounted this afternoon. I would post pics but I ain't smart enough to figure out how to do it :roll: . Anywho, both my old tires had tubes in them but we tried the tubeless approach first and it didn't work so we went back with the tubes. I was too impatient to try the 2x4 in the sun approach. On the bright side the next time I have a flat they ought to be stretched out enough to go back tubeless. Traction versus the old tires is awesome. I backed up an incline today that I couldn't get up forwards yesterday. Not much seat time today but so far they ain't any rougher riding than my previous tires.
f350ctd

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
If you go to the Help & Feedback section, there is a tutorial there on how to post photos. If you still need help, then post your plea in that section and Snotrocket will come to your rescue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.