Case Colt Ingersoll Tractors banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 20 months of CCI ownership I have read ( learned ? :sidelaugh: ) enough to perform the following on a 446 & 4020PS
Baseline maintenance and fluid changes
Rebuild two mower decks
Adjust both mech and elec pto clutches
Rebuild mechanical steering system
Replace the lines on a powered steering system
Add filtration to the hyd system
Fab up wheel weights
Swap engine short block
Stock OEM belts
Order OEM parts from Brian
Order Onan parts from Boomer

So.. may I relinquish my tyro status ?
If so, what is the next level to be attained on the path to enlightenment ?
How many levels are there ?

·
Banned
12,618 Posts
99flhr said:

I would certainly think so.

If so, what is the next level to be attained on the path to enlightenment?

As far as I know, there is no "grading system" in place. I think that all of us that have a deeply rooted interest in these tractors are essentially classmates. In a sense, we are all students and all teachers at the same time. If anyone has formed the belief that I don't learn from the membership of this forum and from other forums, then that would be a mistake. I'm pretty much convinced that I will never consider myself worthy of the title "Master". Much of that has to do with the fact that so much is still unknown about these tractors and considering how sloppy, careless and cavalier every owner of the company was for the past 50 years and still is today...........many mysteries will remain a mystery.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ Thanks, but actually I was fishing for some of that forum famous, patent pending, trademarked, Hydriv comic relief. :wave:
I know it`s Monday, but does anyone have any silly humor on the subject of tractor Nirvana and 77 virgins in a land where your hyd pump lasts through eternity ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
We need to give Tom a break. The bran muffin didn't kick in when he was at the keyboard earlier today. Wait till the Molson is flowing or when he is at it with the LaBatts. :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh: :sidelaugh:

It's raining and I need to take out the trash. PROCRASTINATION !!! :gums: I'll take myself out along with it.

Sorry, Hydriv.

·
Administrator
8,002 Posts
Hydriv said:
99flhr said:
I would certainly think so.
If so, what is the next level to be attained on the path to enlightenment?
As far as I know, there is no "grading system" in place. I think that all of us that have a deeply rooted interest in these tractors are essentially classmates. In a sense, we are all students and all teachers at the same time. If anyone has formed the belief that I don't learn from the membership of this forum and from other forums, then that would be a mistake. I'm pretty much convinced that I will never consider myself worthy of the title "Master". Much of that has to do with the fact that so much is still unknown about these tractors and considering how sloppy, careless and cavalier every owner of the company was for the past 50 years and still is today...........many mysteries will remain a mystery.
Young Colt: You cannot see.
Master Hydriv: You think I cannot see?
Young Colt: Of all things, to live in darkness must be worst.
Master Hydriv: Fear is the only darkness.
Master Hydriv: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Colt: I hear the water, I hear the birds.I hear the Onan. I hear the Kohler.
Master Hydriv: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Colt: No.
Master Hydriv: Do you hear the bad bearing in the mower deck that is at your feet?
Young Colt: [looking down and seeing the mower deck] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Hydriv: Young man, how is it that you do not?
Master Hydriv: What do you hear?
Young Colt: I hear the Black Knight.
Master Hydriv: Quickly as you can, snatch the operators manual from my hand.
[Young Colt tries to do so and fails]
Master Hydriv: When you can take the operators manual from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.
:thumbup: :thumbdown: :think: :eek: :lol: :gums: :222: :446: Best Regards, Rich

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.